- Drag Reducing Agent
- Paraffin Separator
- Asphaltene Inhibitor
- Cleaning for tanks and tankers & Remediation of crude oil spills
- Recuperation & Recovery from ponds/pits
- Corrosion Inhibitor
- Performance Additive for fuel oil
- Performance Additive for gas-oil snot
Anti-foaming additive suppresses foam when all types of crude oil tanks are being cleaned. Foaming is a function of crude oil type which either permits small gaseous bubbles to be encased in a thin film of crude oil as the gas comes out of the crude oil solution or permits gaseous bubbles as the viscosity and surface tension of the crude oil changes and mechanically unlocks the gas.
Anti-foaming additive avoids operational cost increases due to foam induced crude oil supply disruption.
Anti-foaming solutions have employed chemicals, heat, or mechanical processes such as settling, agitation, or centrifugal force. Each process provides solutions, but can also create additional problems necessitating further remediation.
OilFlux™ S16 Anti-foaming additive employs new chemistry to solve the foaming challenge without creating additional problems necessitating further remediation.
Only necessary when foam is produced in tanks. (Anti-foaming)
- Callaghan, I.C., McKechnie, A.L., Ray, J.E. et al. 1985. Identification of Crude Oil Components Responsible for Foaming. SPE J. 25 (2): 171–175. SPE-12342-PA. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/12342-PA.
- Roberts, J.R., Basurto, E.R., and Chen, P.Y. 1966. Slosh Design Handbook I, NASA-CR-406, Contract No. NAS 8-11111. Huntsville, Alabama: Northrop Space Laboratories.
- Carios, E., Vega, L., Pardo, R., and Ibarra, J. 2013. Experimental Study of a Poor Boy Downhole Gas Separator Under Continuous Gas-Liquid Flow. Presented at the SPE Artificial Lift Conference-Americas, Cartagena, Columbia, 21-22 May 2013. SPE-165033-MS. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/165033-MS.
- Georgie, Wally J. 2013. Foaming in Separators: Handling and Operation. http://eo2.commpartners.com/users/spe/session.php?id=10949
- Heijckers, Cris. 2012. Flow Conditioning Impact on Separations. http://eo2.commpartners.com/users/spe/session.php?id=9426
- Matar, Omar K. 2013. Defoaming Additives in Horizontal Multiphase Flow—Impact on Flow Regime and Separations. http://eo2.commpartners.com/users/spe/session.php?id=11417